“Stone”, by Gao Jiarui. 4 Faces microResidencies Exhibition at Four-Face Space Art Center. Luodai, Chengdu.
Saturday 5th July 2014. 3-5 pm.
Gao Jiarui’s microResidency was carried out in parallel with other two microResidencies. It’s part of the Project 4 Faces microResidencies Exhibition, which took place at Four-Face Space Art Center of Luodai, Chengdu (China) from 4th to 6th July 2014.
Resulting artwork is part of an exhibition at the space quoted, that will be opened from 13th July to 26th August 2014
Proposal (text sent by the artist)*:
“Materials: plenty of soil, colors, Chinese art paper, painting brushes, “Traveling among mountains and streams” (a famous painting work by Fan Kuan of Song dynasty).
1. Mix the color and soil, turn it into a deep gray color.
2. Assistant of me and audiences will cover me with the mixture, turn me into a “soil man”.
3. Put the Chinese art paper on the ground, and put up the Traveling among mountains and streams on the wall.
4. After those works above, audiences and I will copy the art work on the wall.
5. After the step above, cover the “Traveling among mountains and streams” with the new work. I will curl up in a corner of the space.
6. End. During the whole process, the space will be filled in with the sound of noises.”
(Pictures: Miguel Guzmán / Eric Yang / Carmen Soriano)
4 Faces microResidencies Exhibition is a project organized by Espacio Islandia, Four-Face Space Art Center, teachers and students of the Fine Arts College of Sichuan University. It is supported by the Spanish Embassy in Beijing, Instituto Cervantes in Chongqing, Chengdu Longquanyi Distrit of C.P.C., Culture, Sports and Tourism Bureau of Longquanyi District in Chengdu.